- STAGE PIANO REVOLUTION
- Equipped with two independent sound engines, premium action, and advanced controller features, the Roland RD-2000 delivers unmatched performance on stage and in the studio.
- Blending evolved piano technologies with extensive modern control, this next-generation instrument takes the industry-standard stage piano series to new levels of inspiration and creativity.
- Next-generation RD stage piano with two independent sound engines and modern controller features
- Dedicated acoustic piano sound engine with the latest Roland advancements provides authentic, richly detail tone with full polyphony
- Second SuperNATURAL-based sound engine with 128-voice polyphony for electric pianos and additional sounds (compatible with RD-800 Live Sets)
- Eight knobs with LED status indicators and nine sliders for real-time control of sounds and effects
- Eight fully assignable zones for combining internal sounds and external sources (including software instruments)
- PHA-50 keyboard features hybrid wood and molded construction for premium touch and lasting durability
- Classic electric pianos on board, including Roland’s legendary RD-1000 and MKS-20
- Recreations of vintage analog effects, including the BOSS CE-1 Chorus, Roland Dimension D, and more
- Over 1100 non-piano sounds, including organs, strings, brass, synths, and many others
- Two wave expansion slots for loading additional sounds from Roland’s Axial website, including sounds from previous RD-series pianos
- 100 Scene memories for saving and recalling setups with one touch
- Traditional Roland pitch/mod lever and two assignable wheel controllers
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB audio/MIDI interface
Click on Videos above:
Deep editing features unlock one-off custom sounds
As keys man and musical director for R&B legends Earth, Wind & Fire, Myron McKinley has a finely tuned ear for piano performance. In this video, Myron plays a jazz piece to demonstrate the stunning quality of the Roland RD-2000’s acoustic sounds, which have been customized to suit his taste.
Flexible sound-sculpting features adapt to any musical scenario
From the McKinley Martin Sydnor trio to the mighty Earth, Wind & Fire, Myron McKinley’s career has run the gamut of musical scenarios. But as the keys man reveals in this video interview, the Roland RD-2000 has the flexibility to adapt to every gig, offering authentic models of vintage acoustic/electric pianos, deep editing options that let him program custom sounds – and quickfire operation that means he can pull them up fast onstage.
The controller keyboard that puts players in charge of their rig
In his long-standing role as keys man for Depeche Mode, Peter Gordeno needs a failsafe way to communicate with his synths and plug-ins while playing the world’s biggest stages. In this video interview, the legendary session man explains why he’s come to rely on the Roland RD-2000 as a controller keyboard, and why this latest stage piano fires him up with its natural
Historic Electric Pianos
Via a second SuperNATURAL-based sound engine, the RD-2000 gives you access to a wide range of classic electric pianos from the ‘60s, ‘70s, and ‘80s. Included are newly developed recreations of the RD-1000 (the very first RD stage piano) and MKS-20 sound module from the 1980s. Driven by Roland’s milestone SA technology, their unique musical voices are instantly recognizable from that era’s hit records. Vintage effects are also on hand for processing your EPs, including the famous BOSS CE-1 Chorus and Roland SDD-320 Dimension D. Visit our special RD history page for more background on these and other classic instruments and effects, plus sound demos of the recreations found in the RD-2000.
The PHA-50 progressive hammer-action keyboard with escapement is the ideal platform for playing the RD-2000’s responsive acoustic and electric pianos. This innovative keyboard features hybrid keys constructed of wood and molded materials, combining classic feel with rugged durability. Together with Roland’s advanced sensor mechanism and hammer-action design, the PHA-50 delivers authentic grand piano touch that’s right at home under your fingers.