A high-quality keyboard, full equipment and a 360 degree loudspeaker system leave little to be desired in the successor to the popular CA78 premium digital piano.
GRAND FEEL III MECHANICS WITH PRESSURE POINT SIMULATION AND WOODEN KEYBOARD WITH EBONY & IVORY TOUCH SURFACES
The CA79 is equipped with the Grand Feel III mechanism with wooden keys, which enables an exceptionally realistic feel. The key length of the Grand Feel III keyboard (from the front edge of the key to the balance bar pin) is longer than that of any other digital piano keyboard. All eighty-eight black and white keys are made entirely from long pieces of wood. Like a grand piano, each key moves gently on a balance beam. As with the original, when a key is pressed, a weighted hammer is moved upwards. In addition, the 3-way sensor system ensures optimal repetition and game control.
The graduated weighted hammers create a real wing feeling. In addition, weights are incorporated in the front area of each key of the Grand Feel III keyboard, so that an even better balance between pronounced fortissimo and yet fatigue-free play with perfect control in pianissimo is possible. In addition, the Grand Feel III keyboard is equipped with pressure point simulation, which ensures perfect control when playing pianissimo.
All 88 keys of the Grand Feel III keyboard are equipped with ivory-like coverings (Ebony & Ivory Touch), which give the player more security and excellent game control thanks to a non-slip surface.
THE SOUND OF THE SHIGERU KAWAI SK-EX CONCERT GRAND PIANO, REPRODUCED WITH THE LATEST SK-EX RENDERING SOUND TECHNOLOGY
The beautiful sound of the Kawai SK-EX concert grand piano is the heart of the new CA79. The world-renowned Shigeru Kawai models are valued for their tonal clarity and can be found time and again on the stages of concert halls and music institutions.
In order to be able to reproduce the impressive sound of the Shigeru grand piano as faithfully as possible, Kawai has developed the new SK-EX rendering sound generator, which is characterized by high-resolution multi-channel sampling of all 88 keys in combination with the latest resonance modeling technology. The multi-channel sampling includes the sound, recorded from several positions of the Shigeru Kawai concert grand piano, which can reproduce a broader spectrum of sound characteristics and thus enables more lively, authentic sound changes with dynamic playing. This natural and expressive sound is further enriched by the use of physical modeling with newly developed resonance algorithms. The complex overall sound that runs through the strings,
360 DEGREE SPEAKER SYSTEM
The speaker system of the CA79 enchants pianists and listeners alike with its unique 360 degree coverage. Thanks to special diffusers, the sound can be heard equally well anywhere in the room. This system and the digital signal chain, including the amplification, were developed exclusively for KAWAI together with the hi-fi specialist ONKYO.
ALTERNATIVE ACOUSTIC PIANO SOUNDS AND A WIDE RANGE OF ADDITIONAL SOUNDS
In addition to the new SK-EX rendering sound generation, the CA79 is also equipped with the popular Harmonic Imaging XL technology. This includes alternative acoustic piano sounds and a large selection of additional sounds. For example, you can find the special sound of the Kawai EX concert grand, which - along with other grand pianos - is often selected internationally by professional pianists for events such as the Chopin, Tchaikovsky or Rubinstein piano competitions. The sounds of the middle Shigeru Kawai grand piano SK-5 and the acoustic Kawai piano K-60 give the player the opportunity to get to know different sound characteristics of different grand piano sizes or an acoustic piano.
In addition to the acoustic piano sounds, the CA79 has an extensive selection of other sounds, such as electric pianos, drawbar or church organ, strings or choir sounds, which enable the musician to play a wide variety of genres. The dual mode allows the simultaneous play of two different sounds (e.g. grand piano and strings) on top of each other on the keyboard, while the split or four-hand mode enables the keyboard to be divided into a left and a right area.
CHANGE THE SOUND CHARACTER ACCORDING TO YOUR IDEAS WITH THE VIRTUAL TECHNICIAN
With the integrated Virtual Technician function in the CA79, the sound character of the selected acoustic piano, harpsichord or electric piano sound can be easily changed via the display. For example, you can adjust the intensity of the string, damper and case resonances or the sound of the hammers falling back. You can even change the pitch and volume of individual tones and then save them to a favorite memory location.
BLUETOOTH® MIDI AND BLUETOOTH® AUDIO WITH APT-X®
In addition to the MIDI sockets, which can be used to establish a connection with other MIDI devices, the CA79 digital piano is also equipped with Bluetooth MIDI and Bluetooth audio technology, which enables wireless communication with supported smart devices (e.g. smartphone or tablet).
The modern equipment with Bluetooth audio allows the CA79 to become your home sound center and that even with high-resolution apt-X audio standard for better sound quality. Or just use Bluetooth audio to play along with your favorite music.
Kawai's new communication standard also allows the CA79 to be controlled completely using iOS or supported Android devices, simply using Bluetooth MIDI.
* The Bluetooth functionality is not included in the CA79 in every sales country.
USB TO DEVICE FUNCTIONALITY WITH MP3 / WAV RECORDING AND PLAYBACK
The CA79 is equipped with USB ports that not only offer you the option of exchanging MIDI data with a connected computer. For example, you can also save data directly to a USB storage medium or load it directly into the instrument from a USB storage medium.
You can also play songs by your favorite artists directly in MP3 or WAV format. You can also record your own game in MP3 or WAV format and, for example, send it to your friends by e-mail, listen to the songs on a smartphone or PC or burn them to CD on your PC.
PREMIUM AUDIO HARDWARE FROM ONKYO
Developed in cooperation with Onkyo, one of the leading Japanese premium audio manufacturers, the CA79 is the first instrument to use special components for high-end audio playback.
With innovative technologies such as 1-bit processing, dual DAC signal conversion and DIDRC filtering from Onkyo, the sound reproduction of the Shigeru Kawai concert grand piano sound is incredibly clear and powerful. Playing with headphones is also a special listening experience thanks to the integrated high-performance Discrete Spectra module.
A new touch screen software has made operation even easier and more intuitive. The focus was on easy access to all sounds and functions.
The CA79 offers a wide variety of options.
The design of the CA79 stands for elegance and clear lines. This digital piano is a highlight for every pianist thanks to its new design with modern round corners.
- Grand Feel III
- Key material
- Key surface
- Ivory / Ebony Touch
- Pressure point simulation
- Number of sensors
- Touch dynamics curves
- Light 1-4, Normal, Heavy 1-4, Off (constant)
- Keyboard cover
- Sound generation
- Sound system
- SK-EX Multi Channel 88 key rendering and
Harmonic Imaging ™ XL, 88 key sampling
- 66, Shigeru Kawai EX concert grand piano with 10 rendering characters
Grand piano: Shigeru Kawai EX, Kawai EX, SK-5
- 256 notes
- Virtual Technician
- Touch Curve, Voicing, Resonance Depth 1, Damper Resonance 2, Damper Noise, String Resonance 2, Undamped String Resonance 2, Cabinet Resonance 2, Key-off Effect, Fall-Back Noise, Hammer Noise, Hammer Delay, Topboard, Decay Time, Release Time, Minimum Touch, Stretch Tuning, Temperament, Temperament Key, Key Volume, Half-Pedal Adjust, Soft Pedal Depth, Tuning, Damper Hold
- Keyboard modes
- Dual mode, split mode, four-hand mode (including volume / balance control)
- Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral
- Stereo Delay, Ping Delay, Triple Delay, Chorus, Classic Chorus, Tremolo, Classic Tremolo, Auto Pan, Classic Auto Pan, Phaser, Rotary, Combination Effects x 4, Amplified Effects x 3
- Equal (Piano Only), Pure (Major), Pure (Minor), Pythagorean, Meantone, Werckmeister III, Kirnberger III, Equal (Flat), Equal (Stretch), USER
- Music / recording
- Metronome / time signature
- 10 time signatures + 100 rhythms, tempo and volume adjustable
- USB storage: MP3 / WAV recording and playback, AB loop; Internal: MIDI 10 songs, 2 tracks - max. 90,000 notes
- Lesson function
- 542 tracks in total. Titles by Czerny, Burgmüller, Beyer, Bach, Chopin and Hanon (incl. Music book); Title by Alfred without music books. In addition, finger training with 4 scales (major, n.moll, modern minor, m. Minor), 2 arpeggios, 2 cadence and 2 chord exercises in all keys with evaluation function
- Piano Music Songs
- Demo songs
- 5 inch LCD touch screen
- Bluetooth (Ver. 4.0; GATT compatible), compliant with the Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI specification, Bluetooth audio with apt-X
- yes, 100 favorites memory
- USB functions
- Playback: MP3, WAV, SMF; Recording: MP3, WAV; Functions: Audio overdub, song to audio conversion, load internal songs, save internal songs, save SMF song, load registrations, save registrations, delete files, format USB
- Other features
- Key Transpose, Song Transpose, Tone Control (including User EQ), loudspeaker volume control, headphone volume, Line In, Line Out volume, Audio Recorder Gain, Tuning, Damper Hold, LCD contrast, User memory, factory setting, Lower Octave Shift, Lower Pedal On / Off, Split Balance, Layer Octave Shift, Layer Dynamics, Dual Balance, MIDI Channel, Send PGM #, Local Control, Transmit PGM #, Multi Timbral Mode, Channel Mute, Auto Power Off
- Sound system
- Sound system
- 2 x 13cm in a separate box + 2 x 8x12cm TopSpeaker (with diffuser) and 2 x 5cm tweeter; ONKYO amplifier, ONKYO SpectraModule ™ headphone amplifier, ONKYO signal processing
- 2 x 50W
- Power consumption
- Grand Feel Pedal System: Sustain (half-pedal capable), Soft (half-pedal capable), Sostenuto
- Music stand
- 6-step, extra wide with artificial leather cover
- LINE IN (stereo mini jack), LINE IN level adjustable, LINE OUT (L / MONO, R), headphones x 2 (stereo mini jack and 6.3mm stereo jack), MIDI (IN / OUT), USB to host, USB to device
- Height in cm
- Width in cm
- Depth in cm
- Weight in kg
- 76 (79 if polished black)