The new standard of grand piano design
Made in Japan, GX Series grand pianos aim to reproduce the delicate control of a full concert grand piano, delivering a level of refinement that few pianists have the opportunity to experience.
In order to achieve this ambitious goal, the length of the keyboard has been extended significantly, increasing the fulcrum distance for each key. This extended key pivot length results in a more consistent touch weight when playing towards the back of the keyboard, affording the pianist greater expressive control, and allowing one's imagination to soar freely.
The advanced Millennium III keyboard action incorporates ABS-Carbon materials to further improve one's playing experience. ABS-Carbon is both highly rigid and extremely lightweight and has long been used in the aeronautics industry as a superior alternative to wood.
The use of ABS-Carbon makes the GX Series' keyboard action more durable and less prone to performance degradation over time, while also delivering improved responsiveness and control. This evolution in keyboard touch can be experienced by the pianist with every key stroke.
- Stretcher Over-Lap Integrated Design (SOLID) – The double-wide Stretcher Bar epitomizes the structural integrity of the GX BLAK Series
- Extended Length Keysticks – For more even response from the front to the back of each key
- Concert-Length Key Buttons – Doubled in length to provide maximum energy transfer and optimum power
- Konsei Katagi Rim – Utilizing a blend of distinctive hardwoods to achieve an ideal balance of tone
- Advanced Scale Designs, created in the renowned Shigeru Kawai Research and Development Laboratory
- The exclusive Millennium III Action featuring ABS-Carbon Technology
- Exclusive NEOTEX™Synthetic Ivory and Ebony Key Surfaces
- Precision-Tapered, Permanently Crowned Acoustic Resonant Solid Spruce Soundboard
- Dual-Duplex Scaling for added tonal richness
- Multi-Grip 11-Ply Laminated Pin Block
- Solid Brass Agraffes for even string spacing and easier tuning
- Individually-Notched Vertically Laminated Bridge with Solid Maple Cap
- V-Pro Plate—Gray Iron with "Crossbone" Design and Solid Brass Finials
- Steel-Reinforced, Multi-Laminated Keybed
- Steel-Reinforced Keyslip for strength and stability
- Ultra-Slow "Soft-Fall" Fallboard
- Hard Finish Music Desk
- Adjustable Artist Bench (Polished Ebony finish only)
- KAWAI Twelve Year FULL Manufacturer's Warranty